Maryland and DC Medical Malpractice Attorneys
We are at our most vulnerable when we are sick or injured. During this time, we depend on health care providers with the appropriate experience and skill to provide safe and effective treatment. Unfortunately, mistakes are often made. In fact, statistics show that medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
If you feel that you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, or if you feel that a loved one has died due to medical malpractice, contact the legal professionals at Costello & Edwards, LLC. With over 60 years of combined experience, we are astute at providing compassionate counsel combined with aggressive representation.
Common Medical Malpractice Claims
- Medication Error: Medication errors occur when a health care provider administers or prescribes incorrect medication, the correct medication in an incorrect dose, or an incorrect combination of medicine.
- Misdiagnosis and Failure to Diagnose: Failure to diagnose occurs when a health care provider fails to accurately and timely diagnose a medical condition. Similarly, misdiagnosis occurs when a healthcare provider makes an incorrect diagnosis. Such mistakes are compounded when a patient receives improper or delayed care.
- Birth Injury: Birth injuries can occur prior to delivery, during the delivery itself or even immediately after birth. Medical errors resulting in birth injuries can have devastating, life long consequences. Birth injury cases often involve complex legal and medical issues. An experienced attorney is critical.
- Surgical Errors: Surgical errors can be any of a wide range of events which harm a patient. Examples of surgical errors include performing the wrong operation, performing an operation incorrectly, incorrect incisions, and/or leaving foreign objects inside a patient’s body.
- Improper Treatment: Improper treatment can refer to many different situations including when proper medical treatment is provided in an improper manner. Other examples include treatments that are outdated, dangerous, unapproved, or carry an unreasonable risk of harm to the patient.
- Anesthesia Error: Anesthesia is a drug administered before surgery and other medical procedures to prevent a patient from feeling pain and remembering what happened during their surgery. Examples of anesthesia error include administering the incorrect amount, administering the wrong kind of anesthesia, and/or failing to prevent or recognize adverse reactions between anesthesia and other medications.
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
If you feel that you may have been the victim of medical malpractice, contact Costello & Edwards today for a free legal evaluation of your case. We are ready to provide you with the skilled guidance and exceptional representation you need to recover the compensation you deserve.